Anna Maria Island Local Resources
Our small slice of paradise doesn’t have major attractions – it’s a “mom & pop” town, with local restaurants and small shops. The beach is pristine and the water is inviting. It’s a place to relax, appreciate nature and enjoy a slower pace.
We’ve listed some important information and links to help you plan your trip or decide if Anna Maria Island might be a fit for your permanent home. Please let us know if you have any questions – our rental and sales agents are community experts and more than happy to share their favorites and insider tips.
Getting Around on Public Transport
While much of the island is walkable, there are options to help you get from place to place without a car.
The county bus system offers a free trolley with transportation from AMI City Pier in the North, to Coquina beach in the south. The service runs from 6 am to 10:30 pm, with frequency approximately every 20 minutes. More information, including a map and schedule, can be found here.
There is also the Monkey Bus, a private transportation service that works off tips, and runs well after midnight. Rides are offered in golf carts and old mini school buses, and vehicle is equipped with karaoke equipment.
Fun Ways to Explore the Island
There are many ways to explore the island and enjoy a different perspective. Beach Bums offers a large, meticulously maintained rental fleet of bikes, electric golf carts, kayaks, beach supplies, and paddle-boards, among other things.
Beach Bums has been featured in Southern Living Magazine and voted by the AMI Sun’s Readers’ Choice Awards as the best rental shop on Anna Maria Island. They are committed to satisfying your needs and offer excellent customer service. They even have a marine biologist on staff to conduct kayak eco-tours.
Visit the Beach Bum’s website for more information.
Enjoy the Area’s Beautiful Waterways with Boating and Fishing Trips
Fishing Guides and Charter Captains
Dine at one of our many favorite restaurants!
Italian / Pizza:
- Oma’s Pizza – Eat in or order delivery from this Italian establishment that offers pizza, huge calzones, and pasta. Our favorite is the cheese pizza! #941-778-0771
- Ocean Star – Amazing, fresh sushi plus hibachi table. During season it can be slower, especially for large groups. But nothing is better! Sato favorites include the Jake Hand Roll, Ocean Star roll, Fire Island, Double Pleasure. #941-251-6940
- Starfish Company – Located in the Cortez fishing village, and full of charm. It’s been featured on the TV Show “Emeril’s Florida” and has the freshest seafood around. Great market and casual restaurant on the docks, with views of the fishing boats. #941-794-1243
- Blue Marlin – A great vibe, live music outside on the weekends, a full bar with a nautical theme, and fresh seafood. Reservations suggested. #941-896-9737
- Tide Tables – Waterfront casual dining. Get the Fish Tacos! #941-567-6206
- Rod & Reel – Dine over Tampa Bay and watch the dolphins play as you enjoy a fresh fish sandwich or platter. #941-778-1885
- Duffy’s Tavern – Amazing burger and cold beers. No French fries, but you don’t need them here! Local atmosphere. CASH ONLY. #941-778-2501
- Mar Vista – Awesome vibe, and a great menu. Come by car or boat to sit among the trees and look out on the Intracoastal waterway. #941-383-2391
- Beachhouse Restaurant – Beachfront casual dining, and a perfect place to watch the sunset. #941-779-2222
- Sandbar Restaurant – Dine with your toes in the sand, or in the modern dining room. #941-778-0444
- Cortez Café – Fabulous breakfast and lunch spot in Cortez Village #941-792-0030
- Beach Bistro – Award wining fine dining restaurant. The place to go to celebrate the extra special occasion or to treat yourself. Don’t miss the tomato soup. #941-778-6444
- Waterfront Restaurant – Great food, with plenty of outdoor seating and a fish tank by the full bar that serves craft cocktails. #941-778-1515
- Slims Place – Multiple TVs and a menu featuring casual options or home-style meals. A must stop for Eagles fans on game day #941-567-4056
- Hurricane Hanks – Watch the game in an Island themed environment. A variety of menu options, but the French fries are always ordered no matter what the dish. #941-778-5788
- Dips Ice Cream – Hometown favorite, with a penny candy selection #941-778-1706
- Donut Experiment – Start your day with dessert, featuring cake donuts and plenty of pick your own toppings to choose from. #941-896-3172
Anna Maria Island Community Center
The mission of The Center is to serve as a gathering place for the community to come together and make friends. The Center offers numerous cultural, recreational, and educational programs for all ages, including socials, lectures and workshops. The Center has a fitness center, tennis courts, pickleball courts and sports fields. It serves children, teens, families, adults, and senior citizens. Visit their website for more information, including the schedule of events.